cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdAll-Message configuration

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

I recently had my call manager server crash. I've restored it and got things going now, but one thing is still not working.

We have an overhead ringer that is assigned a DN. At night when the receptionist leaves she forwards all the calls to the night ringer so the shop can then pick up calls after hours. If a call is not answered it would eventually go to the main-number VMB.

Before the crash she was able to hit the CFwdAll softkey and then the messages button and that would set it. What enables this functionality?

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ben -

There are two things that need to happen:

1. In CallManager, make sure the directory number is associated with a voice mail profile.

2. In CallManager, make sure the directory number has a CallForwardAll CSS configured.

P.S. You didn't mention your version of CallManager but I seem to recall a bug with CallFwdAll not getting set, I'll check the Bug Track tool and see if I can find anything. Found it before my Edit for the post disappeared - here's what I found - http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K20424904

Hope this helps!

Ginger

Sorry, I'm on 4.2(3). The bug you referenced is not the problem I am having, thank you anyway.

The number is assoicated with a VM profile, and is associated with a VoiceMail CSS, not a CallFwdAll CSS. (There never was one before the crash).

Why wouldn't the configuration be restored along with everything else?

Also, the phone is a 7960 with 2 7914 sidecars.

Issue resolved.

Turns out our receptionist misunderstood what happened when she CFwdAll to messages. It wouldn't ring our night bell immediately. It would go to an after-hours call handler and give the caller the option of zeroing out, and then the call would ring overhead.

There was/is no special prgramming needed on the phone.

THanks for the time!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: