cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdAll-Message configuration

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

I recently had my call manager server crash. I've restored it and got things going now, but one thing is still not working.

We have an overhead ringer that is assigned a DN. At night when the receptionist leaves she forwards all the calls to the night ringer so the shop can then pick up calls after hours. If a call is not answered it would eventually go to the main-number VMB.

Before the crash she was able to hit the CFwdAll softkey and then the messages button and that would set it. What enables this functionality?

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ben -

There are two things that need to happen:

1. In CallManager, make sure the directory number is associated with a voice mail profile.

2. In CallManager, make sure the directory number has a CallForwardAll CSS configured.

P.S. You didn't mention your version of CallManager but I seem to recall a bug with CallFwdAll not getting set, I'll check the Bug Track tool and see if I can find anything. Found it before my Edit for the post disappeared - here's what I found - http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K20424904

Hope this helps!

Ginger

Sorry, I'm on 4.2(3). The bug you referenced is not the problem I am having, thank you anyway.

The number is assoicated with a VM profile, and is associated with a VoiceMail CSS, not a CallFwdAll CSS. (There never was one before the crash).

Why wouldn't the configuration be restored along with everything else?

Also, the phone is a 7960 with 2 7914 sidecars.

Issue resolved.

Turns out our receptionist misunderstood what happened when she CFwdAll to messages. It wouldn't ring our night bell immediately. It would go to an after-hours call handler and give the caller the option of zeroing out, and then the call would ring overhead.

There was/is no special prgramming needed on the phone.

THanks for the time!