cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not allow users to change VM greeting

pmccloud
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way on Unity 4.2(1) to restrict the users from changing their voicemail greetings once they are recorded?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

in 4.2 I believe the entire setup conversation can be blocked out - check the custom key map tool for 4.2 and see what it offers - 5.0 lets you go down to the sub setup levels with CKM for sure but I don't think 4.2 supported that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can remove access to the setup conversation for this - in 5.0 you can remove access specifically to the greetings sub conversation in the phone setup conversation. You can't however, let them get to the greetings configuration once and then once set to deny access after that. It's an all or nothing thing for greetings maintenance via the phone interface or not.

Can I restrict in 4.2? Or just 5?

in 4.2 I believe the entire setup conversation can be blocked out - check the custom key map tool for 4.2 and see what it offers - 5.0 lets you go down to the sub setup levels with CKM for sure but I don't think 4.2 supported that.

Thanks, that should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: