cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can our Catalyst 3500XL be saved?

GCRDelphi
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunetlly during a power outage (the backup battery failed), one of our Catalyst 3500 Series XL switch (WS-C3524-XL-EN) got damaged... If you turn it on, the fans turn on and the RPS and ports 3-7-11-15-18-23 turn on Amber and it stays that way, on the console we get nothing but garbage. Can this swtich be saved? I'm already expecting a "it's as good as dead" reply, but if there's any chance, Please let me know. Thank you All in advanced for your advice. -Gabriel C.

1 Reply 1

Hi,

I think its gone and you should forget this and avoid using in your production network.

Cisco 3500 XL switches have already reached EOS/EOL. I had two of them failed in last 4 months. You can replace it with C2960 which comes in many falavours. Here is the link...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/product_data_sheet0900aecd80322c0c.html

Hope this helps ...

Regards

Shaheen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card