cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express vs. Enterprise

ANCPARCELS
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please tell me if a document exists that clearly makes a comparison between these two systems. There seems to be a huge difference in cost, but no clear mention what benefits (beside number of agents and improved CTI)the Enterprise has over it's smaller and considerably cheaper Express counterpart.

Many Thanks.

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

In the past, I would say Enterprise had huge advantages in the areas of fault-tolerance and scalability - there is at least one ICM system out there with over 16,000 agents.

As far as features go, Express has recently added some of the things that Enterprise has had for a while - Email, Web Collab, Outbound. So that's almost a wash.

But now I would add the fact that Enterprise has CVP, and for distributed systems, that has many advantages over IP IVR.

I'm a bit biased, though. ;-)

I'll say one other thing too - I wish the forums for Enterprise and Express were split into two different forums. Really, they have very little in common now, especially as CVP is tending to replace IPIVR as the IVR for UCCE.

Regards,

Geoff

What you pay is what you get.

There is for sure huge difference in functionality and management as well.

HA and redundancy is number 1. express is one box solution and cannot compete with the needs of enterprise for supporting mission critical applications. Managing enterprise hardware is itself a fulltime job let alone managing complete systems end to end.

Here are some other list of functions come to my mind:

* multi site support and integration and management of agents, skills etc

* Third party integration with SAP, Siebel, or any other front end systems

*Integration with other ACD's and switches

*Enterprise and dynamic nature enabling growth and support to many many more agent seats (UCX 2-300), remote as well.

*think of UCX 1 man show vx enterprise 50 person shop obviously the services and functions be more and so is the cost.

One big downside you don't want enterprise even if you like it, if you can have your 80% needs take care by UCX.

Please rate if it helps. (more ratings always good)

good luck,

Baseer.

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi there,

I am not necessarily the best source for marketing reference, but trying to provide a comprehensive response to your question.

The products are targeting two different segments:

1) Express is considered the single site deployment solution, see here for a comprehensive feature list:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/index.html

2) Enterprise is a flexible, multisite, flexible solution, see here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/index.html

So when it comes down into features and functionality you have those products tailored for the specific market needs:

1) IPCCX needs a Unified Call Manager as a telephony solution, IPCCE could be integrated with preexisting TDM solutions.

2) IPCCX has a single site preview mode outbound solution, IPCCE has an Enterprise Outbound solution that could distribute the inbound and outbound traffic to different sites in a blended fashion.

3) IPCCX has an integrated CTI solution with limited customisation possibilities, IPCCE has an integrated CTI solution, but provides also a SDK to fully expand the overall possibilities in this area and allow integration with major CRM/WFM/Recordings solutions.

4) IPCCX provides a multimedia offering to integrate to a single site mail/web server, IPCCE provides an enterprise multimedia solution that would handle large volumes of emails/web requests, allowing your agents to differentiate their tasks among different medias.

5) IPCCX provides an integrated flexible IVR solution, while IPCCE could integrate to a Cisco Voice Portal solution and become a possible IP to IP Gateway solution replacing or displacing entire TDM infrastructures.

And so on.

Regards,

Riccardo

I'm sure you guys have already seen it but there is also the comparison @

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/prod_bulletin0900aecd80564e23.html

for an overview

Cheers

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: