Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 post install wizard

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of unity 5. The install went through the coping of files with out any errors, then had to reboot.

Usually after the reboot (at least in 4.x versions) another wizard opens up that allows you to install the license files, connect to a message store, etc. That never opened up.

Is it possible to manually run that wizard?

The real problem is that i can not import the license file through the viewer. It is giving the error "Error loading install path from registry". I want to run the wizard to make sure I didnt miss a step needed before installing the license file.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

yes, is there a cuica icon on the Unity desktop? that is what you want to double click.

If there isn't one, let me know.

rlp

Nope...there isnt. I checked the unityinstall user desktop as well as administrator and unityadmin.

let me find out how to invoke it then. hold on.

rlp

my servers are already all installed and that icon goes away after everything is installed and configured.

I thought I could trick Unity into thinking it hadn't finished by tweaking the registry. Some of the steps it does work. Under software/activevoice/cuca/ there are different parts of the setup and each part has a hascompleted part. 1 is yes has completed and 0 is no. it is decimal.

Be careful if you play with the registry and remember TAC probably will not support any issues.

rlp sorry I couldn't fix it

I'll see if i can play with those reg entries and get it to come up on the desktop. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: