WLAN OVERRIDE FEATURE

Unanswered Question
Feb 1st, 2008
User Badges:

Dear all, I have deployed WiSM to my customer place where there are 9 floors in the building & has got 270 Aps throuout the building. Now customer is asking me to broadcast the non-broadcasted SSID to a particular floor. Any body has any clue ? I have tried with WLAN override but it does not work. I hope u have got it, actually client ssid is not broacasted througout the building now customer is asking this ssid to be broadcasted to specific area.

now either i hv to enable this ssid for broadcast on controllers & on each Aps I have to disable this ssid except Aps where I want this ssid to be broadcasted. Only 5 Ap are there on which this ssid should be broadcasted.If I use wlan override feature then I have to go to 265 AP & disbale that ssid for not broadcasting which very time consuming job & not scalable also. Do u know any other way to achieve this.

Thanks

NK

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rob Huffman Sat, 02/02/2008 - 10:10
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi NK,

The most popular way to mitigate the problem of having to access each AP individually (when using WLAN Override) is to use WCS Templates for common requirement AP's. This way the WLAN Override function can be applied at the Template level and then pushed out to the various groups.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/4.0/configuration/guide/wcstemp.html#wp1072198

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode