Views
Helpful
Replies

Network clocking for T1 FR circuit...!

gauravshar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Gurus,

I have a T1 FR circuit between my core router and a remote router. Do I need to configure "network-clock-participation wic 1" global configuration command for proper functioning of FR-T1 circuit? Moreover, what is the differance among the effects of the commands "network-clock-participation wic 1 @ global conf mode", "clock source line primary @ T1 controller config mode" and "clockrate 64000 @ DCE of FR global conf mode"........?

Also, PLL is the primary and default source of network clock in routers, what is the significance of Network clock?

--gaurav

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks Edison,

The document is pretty informative.

But what I seek is what is the difference among these commands? When should we use what command? Moreover, what will happen if i configure my routers with network clock participate command while you say that the clocking will be provided by service provider Equipment. Kindly help remove my confusion.

--gaurav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: