cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Salesforce.com Proof of Concept

kevinkelly
Level 1
Level 1

My firm is Salesforce.com consulting partner and we ae interested in displaying data from Salesforce.com on Cisco phones.

I would like to find a developer to build a quick proof of concept. I know that this works conceptually but I'd like to see a simple example.

Salesforce.com provides a very straightforward web services API, if necessary we can provide a developer account in Salesforce.com and sample code to retrieve a data set from the Salesforce.com database.

My impression is that the logic for this can be stored on any internet accessible web server running IIS or Java. We'd prefer this be done on IIS/ASP.

I am also under the impression that we just need to configure a service in call manager that points to the publicly accessible asp page that is querying salesforce.com and returning the data set as XML.

We are working with a hosted call manager provider and they will configure the service on our behalf once it is ready.

The proof of concept should be built for a 7940 and is intended to be read only, however we would look to extend this to a color/touch screen enabled phone down the road and we would look to actually write data back to the Salesforce.com database.

I may be missing a few steps in the process here so please provide feedback/suggestions if necessary.

Kevin Kelly

kevin.kelly@app-x.com

www.app-x.com

6 Replies 6

Kevin,

is this going to be in an IPCC environment where the 7940 users are agents with call center login and logout?

Baseer.

Hi Baseer,

No, this is just call manager.

THe main focus is displaying Salesforce.com data on the phone, no integration with routing calls or screen pops based on telephony events

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

We have done a similar app for a customer where based on the caller ID of the incoming call, we display information about the customer -- pulled from Siebel CRM. With SalesForce.com, I can imagine it to be much different except using their APIs.

Hi,

For this proof of concept, we dont even need to be that sophisticated. I'd just like to be able to query the contact table and be able to search for names based on last name.

No reaction to telephony events in any way

Kevin,

I understand. So you like to just display salesforce.com information like news ticker etc always displaying on standard CM phones.

I would be interested please contact me direct

baseer@netfci.com

We are a small CTI CRM firm always looking for projects. Right now I have none and I have good IIS person as well together we can do this quick.

Regards,

Baseer.

This is something that we can deliver. Lets talk privately. I will email you shortly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: