cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone 7971G-GE failed reseting to factory defaults... and now not start!!!

marcos
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to reset device to factory configuration defaults, on boot i press # and then 123456789*0#. A Cisco logo screen appears with text "upgrading", and no starts. I have tryied to unplug and plug power again but nothing happens: cisco screen appears again and "upgrading" message.

Has the phone broken? how could i start the phone?

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You wanted to learn, and you will!

Check you email please.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the phone is looking for term70.default.loads and the individual firmware files. You must have them available on your TFTP server.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

But i don't have TFTP server, and i don't know witch IP address is configured in the Phone in as TFTP Server address... I don't have firmware files too, i only wanted restore it to defaults for erase config fast and easy...

Any sugestion? putting phone in trash, perhaps?

A 300 dollars phone in the trash ? Never in life!

What do you intend to use the phone ? Do you have CM, CME or a third party IP PBX ?

The firmware files are on for download on CCO, do you have a cisco support contract ?

As TFTP you can use tftpd32 that is free and runs on any PC.

No CM, no CME, no cisco support contract. Only a blocked IP Phone and a trash. And a temptation: phone-trash, phone-trash...

(I bought the phone in ebay only for practises, for introducing Cisco Voip world and learn about this...)

You wanted to learn, and you will!

Check you email please.

WOW! Perfect, my friend. Grateful forever, thank you very much!

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The factory reset procedure for the 7970 changed with later versions of firmware. If the original procedure did not help, try the second procedure listed here -

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K43691258

Hey guys..

I am also experiencing a similar problem with this on one of our 7970 phones

I have tried both reset sequences ( which has worked on our phones in the past ) but the line button remain flashing on this 7970.. and nothing appears on the display..

Are there any alternative methods of forcing an older firmware version onto the phone if you cant see it registered on CM but you can ping the IP ??

Cheers

Jon.

Jon,

this happens when the files requested by the phone aren't present on the TFTP server.

To verify that, connect phone to a PC running tftp32 that has the complete FW set. Set tftdp32 for DHCP and add option 150 with PC's address. Observe boot process in the log window.

Thanks for this.. I will give it a go..

I also just downloaded the SCCP firmware from Cisco which I am planning to put onto the TFTP server.. as I would prefer not to run the .exe on CM itself.. anyway, its say place all the files on the TFTP but does not indicate which one I should point Call Manager should point to within Device Defaults..

cnu70.2-7-4-134.sbn

CVM70.2-0-0-112.sbn

Jar70.2-9-0-117.sbn

Any advice appreciated..?

Thanks.

Finally sorted this.. cheers for all the help on this thread..

Ended up pointing Call Manager to the .load file and after about 10mins it finally loaded onto the phone..

Guess the main problem was the screen being blank ( due to an incorrect previously loaded firmware ),I couldnt see what was happening.. !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: