Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP-SSM & CSC-SSM

mohamed_makled
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

Regarding to the AIP-SSM & CSC-SSM of the ASA , i downloaded some documents that explain the functions and the features for each of them but really i am confused , i cannot determine which of them is the best for monitoring of the traffice . Many customers have Exchange servers ,web servers, FTP servers , database servers .....and so on .

Are the CSC-SSM module features(Antispam-antivirus-antispy....) part of the AIP-SSM functions or each of them has a different purpose??

i need to know what is the best module to use it in the network and why????

Please advice

thanks

5 Replies 5

mlenco
Level 1
Level 1

The IPS module allows you to choose a default set of protocols to inspect for malform packets (spoofed, hacked, etc) or a tailored set based upon your specific traffic.

There are commands to view the packets traversing your contol engine. Google Configuring the Cisco Intrusion Prevention System Sensor Using the Command Line Interface 5.0. Go to page 475 of 532 and you will see sh statistics virtual-sensor traffic you can monitor and see suspicious traffic entering your network. Unlike the CCS-SSM the AIP-SSM does a more thorough inspection of threats from layer 2 through layer 7.

CCS-SSM seems to be an expense antivirus module though it is cheaper than the AIP-SSM.

I am very happy with the AIP-SSM, just remember both analyze traffic inline and could be latency generators if you have fat pipes.

recently, Our company successful passed "white" infiltration test. Here ASA and AIP-SSM are used, they are good product in security field, I really think so.

if you want to protect some server Behind the firewall, suggestion is add the AIP-SSM module for ASA, it will make your server feel safe more and more.

recently, Our company successful passed "white" infiltration test. Here ASA and AIP-SSM are used, they are good product in security field, I really think so.

if you want to protect some server Behind the firewall, suggestion is add the AIP-SSM module for ASA, it will make your server feel safe more and more.

Dear mlenco

Firstly , thank you very much for your reply . i need to ask about something what do you mean by " page 475 of 532 " ???

regards

The guide is 532 pages long. If you jump to page 475 you will see the reference to my statement as I base my comments upon experience and documentation and/or both.

Best of luck with the ASA.

Matt

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card