ICND Practice Questions Module 2 Question 6

Unanswered Question
Feb 2nd, 2008

6. What are three characteristics of a bridge? (Choose three.)

* Bridges forward but do not filter data frames between LAN segments.

* Bridges maintain MAC address tables.

* Bridges are more “intelligent” than hubs.

* Bridges can buffer and forward frames between two or more LAN segments.

* Bridges create fewer collision domains.

* Bridges operate at Layer 2 of the OSI model.

The answer states that "Bridges operate at Layer 2 of the OSI model" is incorrect - that's not right is it?!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
keeleym@o2.ie Sun, 02/03/2008 - 01:17

Hi There

In everything I have ever read, it was stated that bridges work at the data link layer of the OSI model, which as you know is layer 2.

So IMHO you are correct, for some study material to state that bridges do not work as layer 2 of the OSI model is as you said, not correct.

Best Regards,

Michael

Istvan_Rabai Sun, 02/03/2008 - 12:29

Hi James,

Myself regularly find similar mistakes in printed books and tests.

It is best to rely on your own common sense to make decisions about these mistakes.

Creating small test labs also helps test the features that you are studying about.

They will show you the true behavior of switches and routers.

Debug commands help a lot to trace their operation.

Also, you may want to have different sources of study materials, so you can decide which one is better and more accurate.

It is very important that you do not get confused and understand the technology.

Cheers:

Istvan

noisey_uk Tue, 02/05/2008 - 04:45

Thanks for your answers guys.

It actually says in Cisco's own articles on this website that they are both Layer 2 devices, so it seems someone has dropped the ball with the questions/answers.

It's a bit of a pain in the @rse - you'd think that Cisco would really get questions like this correct given thier status in the industry and especially when it is for thier exam...!

I've come to the conclusion that it's actually harder to wade through the piles of misinformation on the Internet than to learn the CCNA information! :-)

I just hope the answers to the actual CCNA exam are correct!

James

Actions

This Discussion