FailOver problem

Unanswered Question
Feb 3rd, 2008
User Badges:

I have 2 Pix 525 .it works as Active/Standby .in my case the Active is the secondry and the standby is the primary Pix. we use Failover cable and stateful failover together .

the Sync/Failover is working fine but

When i configured subinterfaces on the inside of the Active pix(Secondry) and issued the write memory command on the Active ,the Syncronization failed and both of them become active .

When i removed the subinterfaces config and configured ACL or anything else the Failover process works fine.

Any Help Pls?

Regards,

Welcome

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jbayuka Mon, 02/11/2008 - 07:02
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

The failover configuration requires two identical security appliances connected to each other through a dedicated failover link and, optionally, a Stateful Failover link. The health of the active interfaces and units is monitored to determine if specific failover conditions are met. If those conditions are met, failover occurs.

The security appliance supports two failover configurations, Active/Active failover and Active/Standby failover. Each failover configuration has its own method for determining and performing failover.

With Active/Active failover, both units can pass network traffic. This lets you configure load balancing on your network. Active/Active failover is only available on units running in multiple context mode.

With Active/Standby failover, only one unit passes traffic while the other unit waits in a standby state. Active/Standby failover is available on units running in either single or multiple context mode.

Both failover configurations support stateful or stateless (regular) failover.

Refer to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/failover.html#wp1041883 for more information

Actions

This Discussion