cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX - Routing

lbrenne
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has a small NOC, 8-10 users. Today they have a Nortel PBX and use MCR keys to answer calls(same number on all phones. Call comes in and is answered, next call rings all idle phones.) They have Symposium call center today and would like to be able to report on these phones when they migrate to IPCCX. Can I route calls to multiple phones simoultaneously through IPCCX? They do not want calls to the NOC to queue at all. If all agents are busy, can I route calls to another DN that appears on all the phones? Will it carry the original caller information? Sorry for so many questions but I have not dealt with IPCCX much. Thank You

2 Replies 2

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Can IPCC route to multiple phones simultaneously? NO. And don't configure shared lines as IPCC extensions.

If at least one agent is busy, you don't have to queue.

If all agents are busy, your IPCC script can detect that (by checking IPCC stats) and transfer the call to another extension or offsite number. THAT number could be a NON-ICD (IPCC) extension and be shared on all phones you want to ring. Or you can send the call to a CallManager Hunt Pilot + Broadcast Hunt group.

Hopefully the "backup" people are not the same people as the agents. Won't do much good to ring phones configured as agents if they are on a call. Unless someone can put their caller on hold to answer the next call.

You can detect if all agents are busy by a couple of script commands (GetReportingStatistic, I think it was) and some logic. Compare Number of logged in agents to number of ready agents or something similar. I don't have the logic worked out. It IS doable though.

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks! That helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: