Thinking of purchasing some lab equipment to prep for the ICND1 exam

Answered Question
Feb 4th, 2008
User Badges:

Can anyone advise of any kit which will help me with hands on stuff?

I've seen stacks of Cisco routers/switches (CCNA study lab equipment) on ebay but not sure what to purchase.

I will be taking the ICND2 exam at a later stage so i guess i will look for some CCNA home study lab equipment.

If anyone could be specific to models etc... that would be a great help!

Thanks,

Garry

Hi Gary

While I can recommend the seller as I have bought the majority of my own home lab equipment from him. I would not really recommend this lab.

You are too limited with the interfaces available on the router and 1900 version switches are no longer of much use for CCNA studies. All study material appear to use the command set from the Catalyst 2950 switches so I would recommend picking up one of two of these if you can. For routers I would suggest at a minimum a couple of 25xx's and if possible 26xx's.

This should see you right for CCNA studies and give to a base to build on should to go on to do CCNP.

If you have a look at the following link I gave another forum user a detailed outline of what I would recommend for a futureproof CCNA lab.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Career%20Certifications&topic=Certifications&CommCmd=MB?cmd=display_location&location=.2cbf0706

Best Regards,

Michael

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer

Hi Gary

While I can recommend the seller as I have bought the majority of my own home lab equipment from him. I would not really recommend this lab.

You are too limited with the interfaces available on the router and 1900 version switches are no longer of much use for CCNA studies. All study material appear to use the command set from the Catalyst 2950 switches so I would recommend picking up one of two of these if you can. For routers I would suggest at a minimum a couple of 25xx's and if possible 26xx's.

This should see you right for CCNA studies and give to a base to build on should to go on to do CCNP.

If you have a look at the following link I gave another forum user a detailed outline of what I would recommend for a futureproof CCNA lab.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Career%20Certifications&topic=Certifications&CommCmd=MB?cmd=display_location&location=.2cbf0706

Best Regards,

Michael

Actions

This Discussion