cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enter extension and password from desk for voicemail

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

i have users complaining that they have to enter there extension then password to access voicemail from there office phone - it wasnt set up this way in the beginning. where should i look to change this setting?

thanks in advance.

10 Replies 10

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

What version of Unity do you have?

Did you upgrade recently?

Sounds like they are getting sign-in and you might have had easy sign-in configured before.

rlp

unity version - 4.0(4.0)

Patches installed:=CiscoUnity4.0(4)_ES35, CiscoUnity4.0(4)_ES58, CiscoUnity4.0(4)_ES69, CiscoUnity4.0(4)_ES78

i installed ES69 a month ago b/c of an error regarding unity license - recommended by TAC.

this server was configured before my time here.

I am not even sure if Unity 4.0.4 has easy sign-in, hold on let me check some docs.

rlp

Here is the 4.0.4 guide and it is here. I think this might help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/404/administration/guide/ex/sag0045.html#wp1213241

Randy

Is this happend all by itself and nothing in the environment changed?

If you are not sure then it may be the user never had his or her phone and voice mail setup yet.

Does this hapen to one user or globally to all? Its obvious but I will ask every one does have a dedicated phone?

baseer.

As you said I think the user is new unless it is happening to everyone.

Per that doc that I posted, this can be set up per user or globally.

Randy Hope I have helped.

thanks for the document - i configured the easy sign in on the subscriber but havent find the global setting yet - got a little side tracked.

i reply later.

thanks.

You would either use bulk edit and change all the subscribers or maybe change or make a call handler.

For future subscribers you would change the subscriber templates.

Randy

is there a way to set this feature when calling in from outside of the office?

For example, I call my office phone (Unity Express 1.2), when I hear my greeting I press STAR (*) and I am prompted for a userID and password.

Can I set it to just ask for password at this point? (logically) If i am calling my own extension and pressing * - it is unlikely that i would be tyring to check a different vm account

THANKS!

md

so i have an update - after more research of the problem i found out that when users where hitting the message button they got the default unity prompt. this is strange b/c i could leave the users a voicemail - they could see they had a message but couldnt retrieve it. well the problem was the css was misconfigured for the device pool so when the user pressed messages the phone couldnt find unity.

thanks for everyones input.

the original issue was just for one user - i guess he found a work around by using the outside line to dial into unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: