cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the dial external number from 9 to something else

sturcott9891
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, we use Cisco Call Manager 6 and we've had about 5 incidents in the last week of people dialing 911 accidentally. Problem is they keep hanging up when they do it so the cops come to make sure everything is alright. Is it possible that I can change the number that our staff has to dial out from 9 to something else? If so where would I do it at?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

all that configuration is under the route patterns

you may have something like 9.@ or similar patterns like 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

you would need to change them all to something like 8.@ and accordingly

make sure that you don't have internal DNs that start with the same digit as this may cause issues with the secondary dial-tone not being presented after the 1st digit is dialed

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same issue so I changed the outbound digit to 8 using the dial plan settings.

Watch out though, after a couple months outbound calls stopped working. Turned out there was a dial-peer configuration on my gateway that also needed to be changed to "8".

Why it worked for awhile and then stopped I am unsure.

itsadmins
Level 1
Level 1

My call-pickup groups are all in the 8000 range. Do you think this will cause a problem for me? I haven't had any issues yet but when I get up to 8100 range will I have issues? Thanks!

Yes more than likely you will have issues. You should use a number that doesnt exist at all in your dialplan.

Hope that helped