Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel on Router & Encryption on ASA

Amin Shaikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need a CISCO sample link of a HUB config where Tunnels are done on the Router and encryption on ASA

OSPF::::RTR----ASA----INTERNET----ASA----RTR:::OSPF

Thanks

2 Replies 2

krishnakomiti
Level 1
Level 1

What i understood is GRE over IPSEC is more secure but what u have asked is IPSEC over GRE which is not that nuch useful...for what purpose tunnels u want to create...For more understand can u explain me...

jasonsuplita
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the link: http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a43f6.shtml

krishnakomiti, what I think he is trying to do, and correct me if I'm wrong, is to create a GRE tunnel from one router to another router, but have the two ASA encrypted the traffic with ipsec. This is a common configuration. One of the advantages of it is that the GRE tunnels permit multicast over it eigrp,ospf, etc.. If they used pure ipsec then they would be able to use multicast over the connection, since ipsec does not allow multicast.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: