Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity_PhraseServer

steve-yong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Will someone help me how to diagnose the below event log? I tried search the forum but found none that is even similar to what I'm having.

All helps are appreciated.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_PhraseServer

Event Category: None

Event ID: 10002

Date: 12/13/2007

Time: 12:31:56 PM

User: N/A

Computer: IPTUNITY1

Description:

Script Engine (CDE Script) -- Call to [SubGreetings_RunExit] in

[ConvSub.DLL] failed with return=0x80043200

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

I have almost the exact error. I get it everyonce in a while. I have opened a TAC SR on it and have not gotten far on it.

I think there is something wrong with that dll. (onvsub) because I get different errors all pointing to that same dll.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_PhraseServer

Event Category:

Event ID: 10002

Date: 2008/01/25

Time: 10:50:16

User: N/A

Computer: FDSVAST06SIPV03

Description:

Script Engine (CDE Script) -- Warning! 'PauseControl' could not find export 'PauseControl_OnEntry' in 'ConvSub.DLL'.

I will keep you posted.

rlp

Could be this bug: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdy36595&Submit=Search

Basically a memory leak.

Condition

In Cisco Unity version 3.1.5/4.0.1, this may happen if the Unity process "AvCsMgr"

leaks Virtual bytes. If the virtual bytes exceeds the recommended limits on

an Unity system, the subscriber may possibly see unexpected system behavior

and error events in the application event log. This happens only on high

end systems with a high user/port number and under heavy call traffic

Workaround

The workaround is to restart the Unity server

Couple things here.

1. Kinda doubt it's that (very old) memory leak issue - you'd notice AvCsMgr bloating like a mad dog, it'd be hard to miss.

2. ConvSub.DLL is used in all conversations - the first post on this thread is likely an unhandled exception which is not unheard of (i.e. the conversation engine gets the rug pulled out from under it if the call goes away before it gets a hangup event or the like). There's no way to speculate what the actual problem is without specific version information and traces.

3. The 2nd error (Randy's) is a different ball of wax - an entry point missing is likely a bug. If you're not getting rocketed to failsafe it's not likely a critical bug, but a missing entry/exit point is something that should be looked into. Again, trace info, version info and a TAC case would be called for here.

what kind of version information and traces that you need?

I'm using Unity 4.0(5). running on W2K Adv Server.

Thanks Jeff for looking at this. I have had a case open for this for a long time and have asked to have it escalated too.

We don't seem to be getting failsafe at the time of the error so it is probably not ciritcal.

Randy

hi lindborg,

any more idea what can i do next for item 2?

rgds,

steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: