cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Replacment Problem

saadeng2001
Level 1
Level 1

I want to replace a faulty router with new one,i did all configuration as the old one,attached the new and it is not working,this is the configuration of both. I do apprecite any help.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What exactly is not working ?

Goutam Sanyal
Level 4
Level 4

post the details - what is not working exactly? Or you can check the Ports (Serial/fast-Giga Ethernet) are not administratively down.

Thanks

Goutam

Please rate if it works

Also check the serial interfaces. The interface numbers might not be matching with the physical connections.

Rate if this works....

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Thus the faulty router and replacement router the same model and running the same IOS version/feature set?

Take note that if the model is different, module slot/interface number may differ. Also, if the model is different, module from the old router may not be compatible to the replacement router (i.e. firmware/release verion).

If the IOS version/feature set is different, some configuration lines from the faulty router may not be available in the replacement router.

Regards,

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card