cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Routing Problem

adam.jackman
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to get translation routing working on a production environment. I have copied all the settings from my my working lab, but all I get as an error is that the Trunkgroup can't be found on the peripheral.

The only difference between the lab and production is that the IVR PG has two IVR pims.

All of the ID's on the IVR, service and trunkgroup match, so I am not sure where I am going wrong.

The TR wizard shows no issues, neither do the router logs or the route check tool.

Can any one help?

2 Replies 2

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

DNIS (Dialed Number Identification Service) is a telephone service that identifies for the receiver of a call the number that the caller dialed. It's a common feature of 800 and 900 lines. If you have multiple 800 or 900 numbers to the same destination, DNIS tells which number was called.

ANI (Automatic number identification) is a feature of telephony intelligent network services which permits subscribers to display or capture the telephone numbers of calling parties.

If an H.323 gateway is used, incoming calls can be blocked based on either Automatic Number Identifier (ANI) or Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS) information, or both, through translation rules on the gateway (GW) configuration.

If blockage of a specific number (ANI) is desired, a translation-profile must be created with a translation-rule matching that number. Then, apply the command to block.

For an example of how to block calls based on specific calling numbers (ANI), refer to the Call Blocking Specific Calling Numbers section of Number Translation using Voice Translation Profiles.

For an example of how to block calls based on specific called numbers (DNIS), refer to the Call Blocking Specific Called Numbers section of Number Translation using Voice Translation Profiles.

For additional information, refer to the Incoming Call Blocking section of VoIP Gateway Trunk and Carrier Based Routing Enhancements.

gnanesh.m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You have to create network trunkgroup under ivr peripheral and that peripheral number should be equal to cti call control group number in ivr.

Regards,

gnan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: