cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

internet connection

olakunle06
Level 1
Level 1

please can anyone help me,i have to setup internet connection for an office from a wireless link,can i get simple configuration for the router to enable me distribute connection to the LAN USERS

what type of router do io need.i have a 2600 series with two enet ports,pls i need help asap,do i need DNS server ip from the ISP or only the ip for the radio interface.

2 Replies 2

aijaz802
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

You need to take the IP for wireless connection and IP of DNS servers(usually they will provide).

If the wireless connection is terminating into one of the router's ethernet port then assign the ISP given ip here with the mask.

For the second ethernet port assign Lan Private IP, which will be used as the gateway for the Lan pcs. You need to do the natting to access the internet. Until unless they are giving large number of public IPs.

Pls. rate it, if this helps...

thanks for the reply, is it thesame ip address i will use i.e wireless link ip is 192.168.10.10/24 for the router interface or an ip in the range of the mask.will the gateway be specified under this interface.thanks for swift response

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: