cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME UC520 Configure FXS port

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I'm having trouble getting a normal analogue phone to ring or get a dial tone when connected to a FXS port on a UC520. I've gone back to a default configuration for the device and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Craig.

23 Replies 23

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The FXS ports might have the 'service stcapp' configured on the POTS dial peers that reference the FXS ports. If you just want dial tone under IOS control, remove the stcapp commands, otherwise you will need to do the full SCCP config to allow these ports to register as SCCP devices -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6706/products_feature_guide09186a00806cab75.html

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, if no dialtone with default config, the port may got stuck, so reload the unit.

Then check that you're better running XW5 as older versions can be buggy in various areas.

I'm not sure if it's a pinout issue with my UK analogue phone. When I dial the analogue phone from an IP phone, the IP phone seems to ring the analogue phone but no ringing on the analogue phone though. When I pickup the analogue phone I can then hear a noise that matches the IP phone dialling but with no voice communications. Does this makes cense ?

I'm using a straight through RJ11 cable and another phone with a default config of the UC520 still nothing.

enable 'debug vpm signal' to see if the port recognizes any activity when you go off hook.

Also check the output of 'show voice port summ' to see if those fxs ports are operational.

It seems that there is no activity when I plug my analogue phone into a voice port. No information is displayed after going off hook when debug vpm signal is active. This is what I get when I do a show voice port summ.

PORT CH SIG-TYPE ADMIN OPER STATUS STATUS EC

============== == ============ ===== ==== ======== ======== ==

0/0/0 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

0/0/1 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

0/0/2 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

0/0/3 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

Any suggestions ?

Hi, stuck ports can do strange things, have you reloaded the box ? Have you upgraded to XW5 ?

Yes its been reloaded. Yes running XW5:

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(11)XW

5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

with debug vpm signal enabled, issue 'term mon' if you're accessing the uc via telnet.

Then take the handset off hook.

See if anything shows up.

Try this on all the fxs ports.

Hi, I have tried his on all ports. I'm connected via the console port. First I did a no shut on the ports then tried the phone in all fxs ports and get noting. When I do a no shut before trying to go off hook I get this and nothing else:

UC520(config)#voice-port 0/0/0

UC520(config-voiceport)#no shut

UC520(config-voiceport)#

Feb 11 08:56:59.319: htsp_process_event: [0/0/0, FXSLS_ONHOOK, E_HTSP_IF_INSERVI

CE]

Please send config for the voice port.

Hi, I have attached the config info.

Please let me know if anything else is needed?

Some new developments on this issue that is still on going. Would really appreciate any help on this.

When I do:

test voice port 0/0/0 relay ring on

The phone doesn't ring, but I get the ringing type noise when I lift and put the receiver to me ear?

Hi, I think you're using a BT phone that is wired in some special British way.

Can you make sure only two central wires are going from router to phone, all other are cut off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: