CME query

Unanswered Question
Feb 5th, 2008

Suppose we have 3 different sites - New York, Boston & Chicago. Assuming we have one CME router in Boston, is it possible for phones located at NY & Chicago to connect to Boston CME ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.3 (3 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 02/05/2008 - 06:12

Yes, absolutely. You can use either G.729 or G.711 codecs, the choice will depend by your network specifics.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

UCBNOCWAN Tue, 02/05/2008 - 23:50

Hi Paolo,

I am afraid that I was not very specific in my query.

My real query is - is it possible for 3 different sites to connect to one CME? The architecture should be something like this - there is a centralized CME router in site A, site B & site C connect over WAN with no CME routers of their own. I don't think it's possible, I mean the CCM model is not applicable here.

Thanks for your kind reply though.

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 02/06/2008 - 01:08

Yes, absolutely possible. If you study the the SRND link posted by Rob, you will become a master in designing CMEs for that and more purposes.

UCBNOCWAN Wed, 02/06/2008 - 02:19

Paolo,

I have been through that & it talks about a multisite model with Distributed Call Processing. ( basically each & every site have been their own CME)

I was enquiring about the feasibilty of a multi-site Centralized Call Processing model. ( more than one site connecting to a centralized CME).

UCBNOCWAN Wed, 02/06/2008 - 06:21

Rob,

Hope you are doing good. Thanks for the wonderful SRND.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Abhijit.

Actions

This Discussion