cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME query

UCBNOCWAN
Level 1
Level 1

Suppose we have 3 different sites - New York, Boston & Chicago. Assuming we have one CME router in Boston, is it possible for phones located at NY & Chicago to connect to Boston CME ?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, absolutely. You can use either G.729 or G.711 codecs, the choice will depend by your network specifics.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi Paolo,

I am afraid that I was not very specific in my query.

My real query is - is it possible for 3 different sites to connect to one CME? The architecture should be something like this - there is a centralized CME router in site A, site B & site C connect over WAN with no CME routers of their own. I don't think it's possible, I mean the CCM model is not applicable here.

Thanks for your kind reply though.

Yes, absolutely possible. If you study the the SRND link posted by Rob, you will become a master in designing CMEs for that and more purposes.

Paolo,

I have been through that & it talks about a multisite model with Distributed Call Processing. ( basically each & every site have been their own CME)

I was enquiring about the feasibilty of a multi-site Centralized Call Processing model. ( more than one site connecting to a centralized CME).

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Abhijit,

Just thought I would add this to Paolo's always great info. There are some nice design ideas for CME in this SRND;

Cisco Unified CallManager Express Solution Reference Network Design Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/models.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Hope you are doing good. Thanks for the wonderful SRND.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Abhijit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: