cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2.1 - Directory handler question

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

customer has subscriber templates set to go straight to voicemail, rather than ring phone and does not wish to change this. They have a phone which outside delivery people pick up which rings to a directory handler where they look up the person they want to contact - but of course it goes straight to vm. Is there any way to set this up so that it can be released back to CM and ring the phone? Any ideas?

16 Replies 16

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

If you want everyone to go straight to vm and only a few to ring the phone then yes you can set up the call transfer per subscriber in the unity SA.

rlp

create a template based on the current on and change the call transfer settings for future users that you want different settings.

rlp

Thanks for all suggestions but as stated, customer does not wish to change behavior for any users.

I am not understanding the question then.

I thought there are two ways subscribers are set up.

rlp

There are three options to choose from -

No send directly to subscribers greeting,

Yes, rings subscribers extension,

Yes, rings subscriber at this number

But you can only choose one. So if all users are set to go directly to subscribers greeting, then that is how it should and will behave.

Im often suprised by some of the configs I read about on this forum and figured it wouldnt hurt to ask to see if anyone had any ideas how to do something like this from the directory handler specifically without changing user/template settings. sorry if I wasnt clear.

Did you look into using Unity Routing Rules? If the delivery people always call from the same phone you could do that. Create a copy of the directory handler and set up the options to ring the subscriber rather than go right to VM.

yes you can create more than one directy handler and use routing rules like mike suggested. I will not affect users/temp.

The directory Handler and Subscribers/Templates are different things

rlp

Thanks for the info, I know how to use/copy Directory handlers as well as routing rules. The issue here is that the caller does not always lookup the same person, it needs to be able to reach anyone. I am assuming this can not be done based on the template settings for the user (set to go directly to voicemail). Unless this behavior is changed, then the phone is never going to ring from the directory handler as I understand.

Thanks.

Is there a certain number of people you want them to be able to reach? If it's only like 8 or 9 you could create a Call Handler and assign those people to the user input keys. But that won't work if you want them to be able to reach ANYONE. Then you might be back at your road block again.

Hold on

there are workarounds. how many users are there? Let me do some testing here.

also are the callers that access the handler subscribers or not?

rlp

There are about 150 users at this site (one of several integrations on this unity server). No, the caller is any delivery man that just picks up a phone that rings to the DH and the person he wishes to reach could be any of the 150 people. Thanks.

I am sorry, I had some ideas and tried them all however they haven't panned out.

rlp

I had an idea too, but it didn't totally pan out. Maybe someone has a way to tweak it to work or maybe it will work good enough for you so I'll put it out there as a thought.

1.) Create a 2nd Directory Handler with the Subscribers you want to be listed.

2.) Go to the Match List Options for the Directory Handler and set "On a unique match" to Request Caller input first.

3.) Go to the Caller Input options for the Directory Handler and set the "If caller presses zero, send to:" and set it to Caller System Transfer.

4.) Create a Call Handler that will take the incoming calls from the delivery driver phone. Record the greeting to tell the callers to dial the name of the person they want to call. Once they hear the extension they want, press "0", then they will be prompted to enter that extension and they will be transfered.

It's not perfect, but it works. Someone may have a way to make it better/cleaner.

Remember to rate helpful posts!

That is awesome, I was working with the Caller System Transfer also but could get it to take the incomming call.

I will rate your post thx.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: