recertification - time frame

Answered Question
Feb 5th, 2008

I am holding a professionnal certification, one year and half old. If I pass a 642 professional exam now, with that automatically make my certif available for the next three years ? In other terms is it like a sliding window, each 642 exam renewing the certif for three years ?

Correct Answer by ciscomoderator. about 9 years 3 weeks ago

Hi awoog,

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, and CCIP certifications are valid for three years.

To keep them valid you will need to recerify them on or before the expire date.

To to this you will need to Pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum after 01/01/06 or Pass any current CCIE or CCDE written exam.

Certifcations, once recertified , renew for 3 years from the date of the passed recert exam.

Hope this helps

To open a case or find answers to your certification questions please visit our Certification Online Support page at www.cisco.com/go/certsupport

Best Regards,

Cisco Moderator

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
dbeare Tue, 02/05/2008 - 08:47

From the way I understand it, if you hold a professional level certification (CCNP) then taking another 642 level test should recertify it for another 3 years. However, if you mean that you have taken a professional level test, like say the BCSI, then you have 3 years from the passing of the first test to complete your CCNP. Then, your CCNP is valid for 3 years from the date of the last test. I could be completely wrong on this, but that is my understanding of how it works.

Correct Answer
ciscomoderator. Thu, 02/07/2008 - 13:57

Hi awoog,

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, and CCIP certifications are valid for three years.

To keep them valid you will need to recerify them on or before the expire date.

To to this you will need to Pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum after 01/01/06 or Pass any current CCIE or CCDE written exam.

Certifcations, once recertified , renew for 3 years from the date of the passed recert exam.

Hope this helps

To open a case or find answers to your certification questions please visit our Certification Online Support page at www.cisco.com/go/certsupport

Best Regards,

Cisco Moderator

awoog Fri, 02/08/2008 - 00:39

so if I pass several 642 professional exams each time it will reset the starting time of the three years to 0 ?

Actions

This Discussion