Passed BSCI - YEA ME! What

Unanswered Question
Feb 5th, 2008

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bwgray Tue, 02/05/2008 - 12:41

Ok sorry. I accidently hit enter there, my bad.

At any rate I passeed BSCI yesterday and was wondering what everyone recommends as the remaining order in which to do the exams for CCNP?

I have experience in switching, and a little in the VPN front, but I was thinking of saving the BSCMSN exam to the end, assuming that it's the easiest of the lot?

Thoughts?

Edison Ortiz Tue, 02/05/2008 - 12:58

When I took my CCNP, I did BSCI and then Switching. I found that order satisfactory :)

Congrats on your recent accomplishment !

__

Edison.

Br4xt0n41 Tue, 02/05/2008 - 14:12

Congrats, currently studying for BSCI, any tips would be appreciated.

bwgray Wed, 02/06/2008 - 06:07

Thanks!

Tips well, do lots of labs. I did them again and again and seemed to keep learning new things along the way. I found hands on with my little home lab worked quite well. I used Cisco Press BSCI self study, with a command reference guide as a suppliment.

I was also keeping a spreadsheet as so I could monitor the time I was spending on studying, and I had initally thought it would take around 120 hours to study and learn these concepts (roughly the length of a typicall course). In the end it realistically took around 250+ hours in total for prep. There is just alot of material to be covered, and for me I don't work with routers daily, so it was very new to me. On the subject of the spreadsheet, I keep track of the time and what I'm studying - as well as making a list of the items that need more review or external references to comprehend. Then I gradually go through and check these items off. Since I've been doing Cisco self study, I find it works pretty well for me. =)

jesusponce Wed, 02/20/2008 - 20:34

I am very disappointed, I have already submitted 6 times the examn 642-901 bsci exam and i can not get pass, my score is above 750 but I fail to reach the minimum (790). I did The ccna in the second chance, I have already studied cbd nuggets, testking, pass4sure, ciscopress, & trainsignal without get pass. I have a home lab also. I begin to think that is imposible pass the new version. I do not what to do. I do not know what is the secret to get pass.

babatunde_sanda Sun, 06/01/2008 - 15:16

Don't be disappointed or discouraged. That exam is really hard. I passed on my 3rd attempt too. The CBT nugget was good and I used it alongside the Cisco press book. When you go for the exam, take your time with the questions. My guess is you are hasty in selecting the correct option if you are getting in the 750's. The options can be really tricky. Did you go through the questions in the CD in the cisco press book? Try going through it.

I wish you success on your next attempt. remember, "Winner don't quit"

babatunde_sanda Sun, 06/01/2008 - 15:17

Don't be disappointed or discouraged jesusponce. That exam is really hard. I passed on my 3rd attempt too. The CBT nugget was good and I used it alongside the Cisco press book. When you go for the exam, take your time with the questions. My guess is you are hasty in selecting the correct option if you are getting in the 750's. The options can be really tricky. Did you go through the questions in the CD in the cisco press book? Try going through it.

I wish you success on your next attempt. remember, "Winner don't quit"

babatunde_sanda Sun, 06/01/2008 - 15:18

Don't be disappointed or discouraged jesusponce. That exam is really hard. I passed on my 3rd attempt too. The CBT nugget was good and I used it alongside the Cisco press book. When you go for the exam, take your time with the questions. My guess is you are hasty in selecting the correct option if you are getting in the 750's. The options can be really tricky. Did you go through the questions in the CD in the cisco press book? Try going through it.

I wish you success on your next attempt. remember, "Winners don't quit"

johnd2310 Tue, 02/05/2008 - 15:03

Hi,

I would recommend you do the BSCMSN exam next. I found this to be much easier than the rest. My 2 cents.

John

Actions

This Discussion