cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7912 reset after access the directory services

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Our Customer is with the following problem: When He access the service of directory of the 7912 the telephone reset. Some idea of it can be occurring?

Thank You,

15 Replies 15

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

You may be hitting this rather odd bug:(

CSCsi22118 Bug Details

7912 8.0(2) SCCP - phone resets when accessing Corp Dir or other XML

Symptom:

7912 phone reboots intermittently when accessing the corporate directory. Also could occur when accessing other XML services.

Conditions:

7912 SCCP phone running 8.0(2) phone load [ CP7912080002SCCP060817A ]

Workaround:

Downgrade to 8.0(1) phone load

OR

obtain an ES phone load from TAC

OR

upgrade to a later Cisco.com version of the 7912 phone load

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I will go apply your sugestion and verify the reply. Thank You

Wilson

Hi Rob,

How are the procedure for load of new firmware in the ip phone? Can You help me?

Thank You,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

Sure, I'll try :) These procedures are for CCM versions earlier than 5.x

Here is the link to the Firmware files;

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser

Here is the method to load the files. Please note, this is taken from a 7906 ReadMe but the process is the same;

Cisco IP Unified Phone Model 7911G and 7906G Installation Instructions

Perform the following procedure:

Click the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser

Download the file that is listed to your hard drive.

If using the .exe;

When Using Cisco Unified CallManager earlier than Release 5.0

Login to the console of the Cisco Unified CallManager Server where you downloaded the installer.

Note the location where you saved the downloaded file.

Double-click the file to start the installation.

In the Welcome window, click Next.

In the License Agreement window, click Yes.

If a Read Only File Detected window pops up, click Yes.

After the installation finishes, click OK.

Reset all corresponding devices.

cmterm-7912G-sccp.8-0-4.exe

Or if using the .zip;

Cisco IP Unified Phone Model 7911G and 7906G Alternate Firmware format

The Cisco IP Unified Phone Model 7911G and 7906G Firmware version 8.3(3)SR2 is also supplied in a zip file, as an alternative in case a Cisco Unified CallManager is not available to run the executable installer program. The name of this file is cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.zip.

After unzipping the firmware files, they should be manually copied to the appropriate directory on the TFTP server.

cmterm-7912G-sccp.8-0-4.zip

I think the safest (but harder) way to do this is to use the individual firmware files that are included, load them on the TFTP server and apply to the phones you want to test with (Device>Phone>Phone config page). After you are satisfied you can go ahead and load the firmware in the "device defaults" page and upgrade the rest of the phones.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Our Customer is use version 5.0.1, the procedure is the same?

Thank You,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

Sorry about that :0 Different method for CCM 5.x and above again shown for 7960 and 7911 because of no ReadMe for the new 7912 release.

Note: The .cop extension required

Cisco Unified IP Phone Models 7911G and 7906G Firmware Loads

Cisco Unified IP Phone Models

CallManager Version

Executable on Software Download Page on CCO

MD5 hash

7911G and/or 7906G

5.0 and later

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.cop.sgn

5923e98637d291c127bcb5cba1c6a25c

7911G and/or 7906G

5.0 and later

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.cop

61289d2ef734a1c98cac8f293be1886b

Note: 7906G is support requires Cisco Unified Call Manager release 5.0(3) or later.

Please note that different versions of the installer are needed for different Cisco Unified CallManager releases. Cisco Unified CallManager releases earlier than 5.0 are based on a windows server platform. For Cicso Unified CallManager release 5.0 and later are based on a Linux server platform.

When using Cisco Unified CallManager Release 5.0 or later

For Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0, you must do all software installations and upgrades by using the Software Upgrades menu options. The system can upload and process only software that Cisco Systems approved. You cannot install or use third-party or Windows-based software applications that you may have been using with a previous version of Cisco Unified CallManager with Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0.

Using your web browser, login to the Cisco IPT Platform Administration web page

Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.

Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

In the Available Software drop-down box, select the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

After validating the MD5 has the correct value, click Next.

In the Warning box, verify you have selected the correct firmware, then click Install.

Check that you received a Success message.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hi Rob,

I will try to do a test in my laboratory, but, I don't have the version 5.X.X, my version is 4.X.X. I have a question: the extension (cmterm-7912-8.0.4-sccp.cop) is diferent the extension .exe. How I work with the extension .cop?

Best Regards,

Wilson

Hi Rob,

For complement in the site don't exist archive with extension .exe in the version 8.0.4 for CCM 5.X.X.

Best Regards,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

If your lab is running CCM 4.X use the file that is the 9th listed on this page;

cmterm-7912G-sccp.8-0-4.exe

When you go to do this on the CCM 5.X version use the file that is the 7th listed on this page;

cmterm-7912-8.0.4-sccp.cop

For CCM 4.X .exe

For CCM 5.X .cop

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thank You,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

You are most welcome my friend! This change should clear up the problem with the Directory access.

Glad to be of some small help!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hi Rob,

I did the process, but, not functionned. the archive appear the CCM, but, when reset the device (for CCM or IP Telephony) the IP phone not load the new firmware version.

Thank You,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

On ccmadmin>Device Defaults page did you choose the new firmware for the specific phone model?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, In the CCM already only the new version. I don't search any option for change.

Thank You,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: