cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186 - outgoing caller ID

tglidewell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ATA 186 running H323. The number associated with it works just fine when people call in. But when calling out, it will randomly use any number in my PRI as the caller ID. Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The parameter "CallerIdMethod" in the ATA needs to be set to 0x00019E66.

You can refer this guide for more information.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/186_188/2_15/english/administration/guide/sip/SIP88APE.html#wp1081347

I tried your solution, but it didn't work. The change you are suggesting only differs the default setting in bits 29 & 30. And according to the link you sent, bits 29 & 30 are reserved. Any other ideas? The solution isn't critical, but something I would like to resolve. Thanks.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How's you pri config and DP config ?

Not sure exactly what you are asking for, but here's some of it;

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

incoming called-number .T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 57 voip

corlist outgoing user-fax-XXXXX

description ATA H.323 FAX MODE dial-peer

destination-pattern XXXXXXXXXX

no modem passthrough

session target ipv4:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

codec g711ulaw

fax rate disable

!

dial-peer voice 58 pots

corlist outgoing call-fax-XXXXX

description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer local for Fax**

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

clid network-number XXXXXXXXXX

forward-digits 7

!

dial-peer voice 59 pots

corlist outgoing call-fax-XXXXX

description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer LD for Fax **

destination-pattern 91[2-9].........

clid network-number XXXXXXXXXX

forward-digits 11

!

Ok, it may be using different DP, some have a clid preset, other don't dial-peer. How can be that it uses a random number everytime ? What number do you want it to use?

If you want to see how your ata call is placed, take "debug isdn q931" with "term mon".

Now you have lost me. I didn't setup the system, but I have to maintain it. Sometimes the outgoing CLID is correct, other times it goes out using another number within my DID range. I appriciate any help you can give.

That is the strange thing, usually when you make a call out of a pri without specifying a DID number, or specifying a wrong one, telco switch will replace clid with main number, not random from did range.

So if you take "debug isdn q931" with "term mon" you will see in first place what number if any you're sending out with the ata. It gives you a very easy to read output.

Then from there one can see how to correct the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: