cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird Frame-Relay Issue

rawacisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully this is a very simple question to answer.

I am using IOS ver 12.4(10b) on a 3640 router with a NM-8A/S module.

When I go into the interaface configuration mode for one of the serial interfaces I cannot use and do not see the "frame-relay" command listed as one of the commands to use in the interface configuration mode.

I only see and can use the "frame-relay" commands in the gobal configuration mode.

What am I doing wrong or is there something I am missing about using the "frame-relay" commands in interface configuration mode in IOS ver 12.4?

Thanks In Advance

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you type encapsulation frame-relay under the interface? Once you do, all the frame-relay commands should be available.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The "encapsulation frame-relay" comand was one of the first commands I entered when configuring the serial interfaces but when I took a second look at the config I saw otherwise. Some kind of way I did not correctly save the running config when I reloaded the router.

Once I re-entered the "encapsulation frame-relay" command for the serial interfaces I could see and use the "frame-relay" commands in the interface configuration mode.

Thanks for help and the quick response

s.arunkumar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Have u given "enacpsulation frame-relay"..

give this and check frame-relay command available or not..

arun

Once again I would like to thank you guys for your help and quick response with the issue.

To resolve this issue I had to re-enter the "encapsulation frame-relay" command on my serial interafaces and made sure that I saved the running config.

-Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card