Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacking between 3750-24T-S switches

Jacob Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to do stacking between two above mentioned switches using 50CM Stack Cable. I serached for the necssary configuration and informations for stacking on cisco site, i got a bunch of books which have lot of details given. I need to configure a basic stacking only. can any one pls help me by giving me an idea about the configurations and important things to keep in mind when we do stacking on 3750 switch in an enterprise environment.

thanks in advance

Regards

Jacob

5 Replies 5

aijaz802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jacob,

You dont need to do anything, just connected the stack cables, it will detect the switch and one switch will become the master and other one slave. You can also add switch manually with the command "(config)#switch 2 provision ws-c3750-24ts

If you want to make a particular switch, you should increase its priority like 5, default is 1.

I hope this will helps u. Rate it if it helps..

Thanks..

*aijaz*

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Also if you want things to work correctly make sure each switch has the exact same IOS version on it.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Minor tip, but easy to overlook first time.

The stacking cables comes in different sizes. The shortest is used to connect adjacent switches. The longer to connect top and bottom. (You can make a stack w/o the top and bottom connection, but it's one of the redundancy features of the 3750.)

HI

Thanks a lot for the updates. This is a 50CM stacking cable, and i will be connecting only 2 switches in the stack to build a redundancy in the connection to my firewall.

There is a querry again from my side. I have a physical interface for dmz in the asa5540 box and asa is running as failover also. I will be connecting this asa boxes to this 3750 dmz switch configured as a stack for redundancy. will it work correctly? need your inputs plzz...

thanks in advance.

regards

Jacob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card