Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Option: MR PIM and EMT

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

In Outbound, there is an EMT and MR PIM, the EMT communicate between the Dialer and the Campaign process at the rogger.

The question is: why to use EMT as there is MR PIM?

Regards

Bilal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bilal,

oversimplifying here, PIM talks partially CSTA, common standard telephony application, protocol to OPC and a specific interface to the dialer, while EMT is part of the set of protocol overseeing the TCP connection yes.

HB = Heartbeats, keepalive exchanged to conferm socket is up.

Cheers,

Riccardo

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what are trying to say with EMT?

Regards.

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Bilal,

EMT is a class deployed over TCP to monitor and report different things, among others, TCP socket connection, heartbeats, alerts and so on, since those scenarios are common to most of the ICM processes you could understand why it was decided to include it both for the MR PG and the Dialer, not just to check on the HB exchange between the dialer and the assigned PG.

Nothing to worry about.

Cheers,

Riccardo

Hello Riccardo;

Your help always highly appreciated :) -

What meant by HB here?

I understood that EMT is used by the Dialer and the MR PG also, correct? So I can understand that alot (almost maybe) of ICM components support EMT which is used to talk between each others to retreive certain information like u mentioned, correct?

Here I have a question: does EMT mainly work for network level, while MR PIM work for interfaces (like telephony protocols and so on) level?

Regards

Bilal

Hi Bilal,

oversimplifying here, PIM talks partially CSTA, common standard telephony application, protocol to OPC and a specific interface to the dialer, while EMT is part of the set of protocol overseeing the TCP connection yes.

HB = Heartbeats, keepalive exchanged to conferm socket is up.

Cheers,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: