can anybody guide me to find a way to compare the Standard and the enhanced version for the 12.3 ios ?
The Enhanced IOS support the following:
â¢ Dynamic Routing Protocols:
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP)
- Border Gateway Protocol Version 4 (BGPv4)
â¢ Policy-based Routing (PBR)
- Allows superior control by enabling flow redirection regardless of the routing protocol configured
â¢ Protocol-Independent Multicast (PIM)
- For IP multicast routing within a network that enables the network to receive the multicast feed requested and for switches not participating in the multicast to be pruned-support for PIM sparse mode (PIM-SM), PIM dense mode (PIM-DM), and PIM sparse-dense mode
â¢ Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol (DVMRP)
- Tunneling for interconnecting two multicast-enabled networks across non-multicast networks
â¢ Private VLAN (PVLAN)
- Provides the ability to restrict communications between hosts at layer 2 through the use of primary and secondary VLANs
Please see the link below:
HTH, Please rate if it does.