cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct Transfer feature on CCM 6.1

Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I have CCM 6.1 i can't use direct transfer softkey on phones, when i push that softkey it doesn't activate that feature. Have i to config something on ccm or it's something else.

Thnx in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shen,

Good stuff! Here is the quickest current Transfer method;

Onhook Call Transfer

Modifications to the Call Transfer feature add the onhook (hangup) action as a possible last step to complete a call transfer. The Transfer On-hook Enabled service parameter, which enables onhook call transfer, must be set to True for onhook call transfer to succeed. If the service parameter is set to False, the onhook action ends the secondary call to the third party.

In the existing implementation, if user B has an active call on a particular line (from user A) and user B has not reached the maximum number of calls on this line, the Cisco IP Phone provides a Transfer softkey to user B. If user B presses the Transfer softkey (or Transfer button, if available) once, user B receives dial tone and can make a secondary call: user B dials the number of a third party (user C). Cisco CallManager provides a Transfer softkey to user B again. If user B presses the Transfer softkey again (or Transfer button, if available), the transfer operation completes.

With the new onhook call transfer implementation, user B can hang up after dialing user C's number, and the transfer completes. Both the existing and new implementations work in both the case of a blind transfer (user B disconnects before user C answers) and also in the case of a consult transfer (user B waits for user C to answer and announces the call from user A).

The previous implementation remains unchanged: user B can press the Transfer softkey twice to complete the transfer.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edb46.html#wp1088627

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shen,

To use this great feature called "Direct Transfer" you must have 2 calls on the Line already, is this the case? Have a look;

Transfer two current calls to each other (direct transfer)

Scroll to highlight any call on the line and press Select. Repeat this process for the second call. With one of the selected calls highlighted, press DirTrfr. (You might need to press more to see DirTrfr.) The two calls connect to each other and drop you from the call.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks very much Rob, i now understand the idea of direct transfer. I thought that the direct transfer will transfer the call directly without going on hold. When i use transfer soft key it goes firstly on hold and then i have to press again transfer soft key to transfer the call. Is there any method of transfer the call without going on hold with just one step.

Regards

Hi Shen,

Good stuff! Here is the quickest current Transfer method;

Onhook Call Transfer

Modifications to the Call Transfer feature add the onhook (hangup) action as a possible last step to complete a call transfer. The Transfer On-hook Enabled service parameter, which enables onhook call transfer, must be set to True for onhook call transfer to succeed. If the service parameter is set to False, the onhook action ends the secondary call to the third party.

In the existing implementation, if user B has an active call on a particular line (from user A) and user B has not reached the maximum number of calls on this line, the Cisco IP Phone provides a Transfer softkey to user B. If user B presses the Transfer softkey (or Transfer button, if available) once, user B receives dial tone and can make a secondary call: user B dials the number of a third party (user C). Cisco CallManager provides a Transfer softkey to user B again. If user B presses the Transfer softkey again (or Transfer button, if available), the transfer operation completes.

With the new onhook call transfer implementation, user B can hang up after dialing user C's number, and the transfer completes. Both the existing and new implementations work in both the case of a blind transfer (user B disconnects before user C answers) and also in the case of a consult transfer (user B waits for user C to answer and announces the call from user A).

The previous implementation remains unchanged: user B can press the Transfer softkey twice to complete the transfer.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edb46.html#wp1088627

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Thank you very much Rob it was really helpfull.

Hi Shen,

You are most welcome my friend!

Take care,

Rob

Rob,

You really ROCK! We upgraded to CUCM 6.1 this weekend. We're finally running clean and stable, so hopefully, no more crazy questions from me.

I was asked about single button transfer, and did not know this was an option. So of course, I searched here.

5 points for helping me impress my boss!

~ Liz

Hey Liz,

Nice to hear from you my friend! Thanks very much for your kind words, it's always great to impress the boss. By the way, your questions have never been crazy (I don't think there is such a thing ;-)

I think you will be very happy with the upgrade to 6.1 as there are many,many bug fixes included.

Keep on Rockin!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: