Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference two active callers on seperate lines

flash2200
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Have a request from a client to be able to have two active callers on two seperate lines on their phone and have some way of creating an ad-hoc style conference with themselves included.

Similar to a Join but both callers are connected on different lines and the person wants to be included in the conversation rather than just join caller on the first line to the caller on the second line.

Can this be done? (CCM 5.1)

TIA!

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steven,

Hope all is going well with you :) The Feature that you are looking for is called "Join Across Lines". Sadly this is not available until CCM 6.1

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1 introduces two new features that help increase collaboration and improve access to coworkers. The first one is the Join Across Lines feature for connecting multiple calls or conferences and the second is a Single Button Barge feature that allows authorized users to enter a call as an additional party by pressing a single key.

Join Across Lines

When the Join Across Lines feature is enabled, users can join calls across different lines that appear on their phone. The feature enables the executive staff and other users to swiftly connect different parties into a conversation.

A further refinement of this feature is a "join-pending" mode. This mode is invoked through a softkey when there is only one joinable call in progress. In join-pending mode, the primary user is prompted to join more calls and may complete the joining process as additional calls come in or are dialed out.

With the Join Across Lines feature, conference chaining is also possible. When two or more calls are already in a conference, users can chain together conference calls that appear on their phones.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet0900aecd806e86dd.html

Join Across Lines

(SCCP phones only)

Allows users to apply the Join feature to calls that are on multiple phone lines.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7961g_7961g-ge_7941g_7941g-ge/6_1/english/administration/guide/7961usr.html#wpmkr1056426

Hope this helps! Sorry man!

Rob

heck I glad it's at least in 6.1

Thanks!

Below is a paste of what im seeing on my 5.1.2 version under service parameters for Call Manager. does this mean that the feature is in but needs to be activated? - there is no value associated with it.

Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Join Across Lines And Single Button Barge Feature Set) Enable Single Button Barge and Join Across Lines

Hey Arvind,

Long time my friend, hope all is well with you! This parameter is shown on 5.x versions for some reason, but not active and workable until 6.x

Sorry about that!

Hope this helps and take care!

Rob

hey Rob,

things are good on my side, hope the same on yours....i always noticed that parameter so just thought id mention it.

take care posting soon :)