CAD 7.2(1) PostInstall Problems

Answered Question
Feb 6th, 2008

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the NetPro forum and I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out with the following predicament.

I'm new to ICM and am currently struggling with a lab build of an IPCC Enterprise 7.2(3) "sprawler". Everything seems to install fine except for CAD 7.2(1) Desktop Services.

During the "Cisco Agent Desktop Configuration Setup" I get to the penultimate step "Recording and Statistics Service" and when I click next it doesn't go any further popping up an error message saying:

"Error adding user to group: User does not exist"

I've entered the correct ICM instance name in the ICM Admin Workstation Database step and tried both the sa and Domain Administrator accounts (both of which have been verified as capable of accessing the ICM AWDB database) - nothing works.

I couldn't find anything in release notes, bug tool or even on this forum except for one similar post with no resolution.

Perhaps anybody has seen and was able to overcome this hurdle ? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rbua about 8 years 10 months ago

Thanks for highlighting this C.,

last I heared off a domain admin account was needed for 7.1.x and 7.2.x, it might well be a documentation issue, I will double check and let you know and eventually get the guide to be updated.

Precious feedback!:-)

Thanks again,

Riccardo

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
rbua Wed, 02/06/2008 - 08:34

Hi there,

1) You need to use the domain admin account.

2) Issue is most likely due to how you run the setup and the local account creation for SQL access, you need to install CAD starting from release 7.1.x on a machine that is NOT a domain controller. Error should go away then.

Regards,

Riccardo

fakhri-symcor Wed, 02/06/2008 - 08:40

Thanks so much for the prompt reply - I think that may be my problem - the sprawler is also a domain controller.

I'll try moving the domain controller to another box and running it again.

cvenour Wed, 02/06/2008 - 23:02

Hi Riccardo,

The CAD 7.2 Installation Guide says on page 42:

NOTE: You must install CAD Services as a local administrator. If you install CAD Services as a domain administrator, Recording and Statistics replication jobs will fail.

Is this a change specific to 7.2, or is it applicable to CAD 7.1(x) too.

I ask because I've just done a reinstall of CAD on a customer's site, and we ran into the same issue after doing the install using a local admin account only.

C.

Correct Answer
rbua Wed, 02/06/2008 - 23:10

Thanks for highlighting this C.,

last I heared off a domain admin account was needed for 7.1.x and 7.2.x, it might well be a documentation issue, I will double check and let you know and eventually get the guide to be updated.

Precious feedback!:-)

Thanks again,

Riccardo

fakhri-symcor Thu, 02/07/2008 - 07:22

I've just rebuilt the server as per Riccardo's instructions (DC/DNS separate from the Sprawler) and it works fine now.

However, I was unable to finish PostInstall as a Domain Admin, I had to log on as Local Admin instead. Also I had to manually grant the Domain Admin user account Log on As Service privileges.

Everything seems to be fine now - thanks again for the help!

rbua Thu, 02/07/2008 - 07:30

Just got confirmation that a local admin is indeed needed.

Regards,

Riccardo

Chad Stachowicz Thu, 05/29/2008 - 17:16

Wondering where you had to grant the log on as service? I am running into an issue where it is telling me that my current username and password as incorrect and need to have rights to be used as a service. I granted the domain admin account rights to log on as a service to the CAD box.

Thanks

cvenour Tue, 07/01/2008 - 21:07

One thing to watch when installing certain CAD versions is that it requires an account named "Administrator" on the PG. You don't need to be logged in with it, but it requires that this account exists, because it uses it to create the Recording and Stats DB.

The real bugbear is that UCCE Server Hardening renames this account to "xadministrator", which breaks CAD PostInstall.

This may or may not have been fixed, but I haven't been game to check, so I always change "xadministrator" back to "Administrator" before installing CAD Services, then change it back afterwards.

C.

Kenan Muharemagic Wed, 03/24/2010 - 11:41

hi guys... i am having the same problem with CAD Recording and statistics services not replicating... when i turn on replication for this service i get an "unknown error".

I reinstalled the CAD service on both LRPA and LRPB as a local admin (the local admin username is Administrator). When agent failover from one server to another the statistics services are not in service and CAD gets slugish trying to fetch statistics...

i can't find a solution in any cisco guide... any ideas about this or at least how i should trobuleshoot or debug this problem...

to update the post... i have resolved the issue... registry key for Replication Publisher, Subscriber and Replication Enabled were missing from the registry... after i added them manualy replication works...

Actions

This Discussion