Prefix in Mgcp

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2008

Hi

We have a setup in which we are using 4 PRI lines from 3 different service providers.Two of them are sending us 5 digits and we are also sending the same to their end for both incoming and outgoing[with DID/DOD configured].But the 3rd SP wants us to send 10 digits.

Example : the service provider wants us to add a prefix of XXXXX to the etension number YYYY.Thus the resulting number number must be XXXXXYYYYY

We are using MGCP and CUCM 6.0.We have 5 digit extensions and how do i give a prefix only to calls going through this PRI line.

As because of this the DOD number is not flashed instead only the PILOT number is done.

regards

Kumar

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Wed, 02/06/2008 - 11:42

you can add a prefix using a Route Pattern or in the route list configuration.

configure a route pattern exclusively for that provider and set the prefix only for it, on the other 2 route patterns keep them the same way

HTH

kumar3880 Wed, 02/06/2008 - 21:50

hi

Thanks for the response.Can you please let me know that if i add any translation-rule/profile in the gateway will this solve my requirement.[using MGCP]

regards

kumar

Jaime Valencia Thu, 02/07/2008 - 07:51

MGCP do not have the ability to do that, if you want to do it in the GW you need to use H323

Actions

This Discussion