Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefix in Mgcp

kumar3880
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a setup in which we are using 4 PRI lines from 3 different service providers.Two of them are sending us 5 digits and we are also sending the same to their end for both incoming and outgoing[with DID/DOD configured].But the 3rd SP wants us to send 10 digits.

Example : the service provider wants us to add a prefix of XXXXX to the etension number YYYY.Thus the resulting number number must be XXXXXYYYYY

We are using MGCP and CUCM 6.0.We have 5 digit extensions and how do i give a prefix only to calls going through this PRI line.

As because of this the DOD number is not flashed instead only the PILOT number is done.

regards

Kumar

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can add a prefix using a Route Pattern or in the route list configuration.

configure a route pattern exclusively for that provider and set the prefix only for it, on the other 2 route patterns keep them the same way

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi

Thanks for the response.Can you please let me know that if i add any translation-rule/profile in the gateway will this solve my requirement.[using MGCP]

regards

kumar

MGCP do not have the ability to do that, if you want to do it in the GW you need to use H323

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: