Restrict internal calls between phones.

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2008

Is it possible to restrict internal calls between 2 phones? Basically, I want the lobby phone of Building A to be able to call 911 and all the phones from Building A, but I don't want it to be able to call other DN from other buildings.

I'm using CCM 4.2

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Wed, 02/06/2008 - 11:36

All this can be achieved with Calling Search Spaces and partitions.

a partition is a logical grouping of DNs

a CSS is a group of partitions that certain DN can reach.

let's say you have 2 partitions

ptA

ptB

and 2 DNs

1000 in ptA

1001 in ptB

now 2 CSS

CSSa = ptA, ptB

CSSb = ptB

DN 1000 has CSSa

DN 1001 has CSSb

1000 can call 1001 since it has ptA & ptB in it's CSS

1001 CANNOT CALL 1000 since ptA is not in the CSS it has assigned

HTH

gwin.kurt Tue, 11/18/2008 - 11:27

I'd actually like to know how to do this as well. I have a phone that I only want to be able to call 4 or 5 internal extensions and 911...can anyone help? I'm using CCM 4.1

gwin.kurt Wed, 11/19/2008 - 06:20

Hi java,

Thanks for the reply. Your link leads to a "Forbidden File or Application".

I understand about the relationship between CSS and Partitions but I'm a little unsure how to assign DNs to Partitions. From within CCM, I go to Route Plan > Class of Control > Partition...I can create a partition but only assign it a name and a description...how do I associate DNs with the new partition?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kurt

Rob Huffman Wed, 11/19/2008 - 06:58

Hi Kurt,

Just to fill in for Java for a moment (rather large shoes!)

The DN's will reference the Partitions in this example via the CSS that they are assigned;

Here is the good link;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42dialpl_ps556_TSD_Products_Implementation_Design_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1043737

When you get a link with the forbidden access just remove "partner" from the url :) These don't work for regular users like us.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion