Cisco policy on IOS use with Dynamips - need help!

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2008

Hello everyone, my name is Marco Filippetti, I work as a Solutions Architect for British Telecom at Sao Paulo, Brazil. I am working on my Masters Dissertation which relates to deploying virtual labs as an alternative to real equipment to teaching network in colleges and universities, as well as specialized training centers. I wonder if anyone here know how Cisco stands on using IOS software with this application. I need to know if this has to be listed as a major limitation (legal constraints) or if Cisco has a specific policy to allow this specific IOS use. Anyone has any idea???

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jcrussell Wed, 02/06/2008 - 15:00

As a matter of policy, Cisco will not comment on a specific customer or organization's use of Cisco software.

That said, it is accurate that according to Cisco's standard software licensing terms, users may only run Cisco software on the Cisco hardware for which the user pays the appropriate fees.

We have also heard from customers that emulation/simulation tools are of value to them and we are exploring different ways on how to continue to help customers best design and test network configurations prior to deployment of their networks."

This Discussion