Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE -> GK -> VC DTMF problem

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have an issue where we have a meetingplace express with Gatekeeper solution.

We also have VC units registering to the Gatekeeper but they are only able to do DTMF inband, whereas MPE is only capable of handling DTMF out-of-band.

I was thinking about configuring the Gatekeeper to be a IP-IP gateway aswell but am not sure whether this is going to support video calls???

8 Replies 8

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, the IPIPGW (SBC) feature does support video calls. Refer to the following link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806bf0a8.html

At the end of Table 1 outlines the features that the SBC supports. E.g. Video codecs H.261, H.263, H.264

Be cautious that currently the H.239 video codec is not supported. It will be in a future release of 12.5T.

tristan.delsol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

MPE does support inband DTMF. It's just not widely known not even within Cisco.

To enable inband DTMF do the following:

ssh to the MPE and login as mpxadmin.

Now from the cli prompt type: taccli

From here select option 16 (Configure global DTMF detection)

Select 1 for inband DTMF support and 0 again to turn it off.

Cheers,

wonderful !

It Works !

But will it be support by the tac ?

I haven't had any issues with tac about it to be honest, but it something to consider that they might.

Ok.

It seems that

1 - when I reboot CUMPE, the dtmf option go back to out-of-band automatically.

2 - Cisco IP Phones can't use dtmf with CUMPE anymore (do they support only out of band dtmf) ?

Do you have the same behavior ?

regards,

Bastien.

Hi Bastien,

The better option for both points mentioned might be changing inband DTMF at a different level.

go again to the cli prompt on the MPE. Run ccamon

in there select 10 for DTMF.

Then select 1.

It should be the default but for some reason it's not.

Try that. Unfortunately I couldn't test it yet.

Thanx for your answer.

Unfortunately, it does not work. When I reboot, dtmf inband is still disabled.

Hi Bastien,

Have been a bit busy. So the rebooting still removes it. If you really want, you could write a script that runs at boottime to enable the dtmf inband setting. Still Cisco just have to enable or support this feature as standard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: