Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set DCRCLIFILE?

janvandek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to use the dcrcli to export devices in a script. To avoid the password I should set DCRCLIFILE variable. As documented :

You can set DCRCLIFILE environment to point to the file where Common Services password is present.

My question : Where can I find this file ? Is there a default path ?

(I use LMS 2.6 on Sol9)

Thx

Jan

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would create this file yourself and the format of the password file is

If you have set DCRCLIFILE=C:\temp\file.txt and the ciscoworks username/password is

admin/admin, then the password file "file.txt"

should contain:

admin admin

(in the first line of the file)

Where, in Solaris, do you set this variable (DCRCLIFILE)? Is this specific to LMS or is at a higher Solaris level?

Thanks

DCRCLIFILE is just a variable of your shell (like the %PATH% variable on windows or $PATH on solaris); so you need to set this variable in your current shell. You can export it to have it as an environment variable. You can also do this in your login profile to have it set automatically each time you login on the solaris box.

e.g login to your solaris box and -if you use the bash - type in: 'export DCRCLIFILE=/opt/CSCOpx/conf/file.txt' (without the single quotes)

here is a link to 'dcrcli':

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.1/user/guide/dcr.html#wp1277653

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: