Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP and CCM 6.0

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I want to add an application server in CCM 6.0, but all i see as choices when i want to add CUP, is Cisco Unity and EPAS !!

Is EAPS the same as CUP ? plz help

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I spent hours doing the same thing, the APP_SERVER_EPAS selection is actually the presence server,

but it must be that the selection field has encoding problems, you will also see this on other pages of configs, I have no idea what the problem is.

View solution in original post

Yes, presence 6.0 is linux based, easy install,

the integration with callmanager is not straightforward.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You should have 3 options

Unity

Unity connection

CUPS

If you are not seeing these add english language to your browser

I have also got this problem, I then used Firefox browser and the problem went away. After rebooting the server the problem then appeared in Firefox, it has affected a lot of the fields in CUCM6.

I have changed to firefox English and the problem still percists !!

In fact when i want to add a new application server on the CCM 6, in the "Application Server Type" field all i have is 3 choices:

-TypeAppServer.APP_SERVER_UNITY_4_X

-TypeAppServer.APP_SERVER_UNITY_1_X

-TypeAppServer.APP_SERVER_EPAS

I don't think it's a problem of browser!

Plz help.

Thnaks

As I said, in prev message, it isn't the browser as both browsers develop the problem!

currently to get around it i chose the

APP_SERVER_EPAS option and that works. My prev message was simply to convey that I also have noticed the problem, and that It looks like a widespread issue.

Hi,

Thx a lot for ur respond. i appreciate this.

So as i understood, all i have to do is to chose

APP_SERVER_EPAS as application server? and it should work?

It's really Bizarr, because in cisco documentation it's said to chose Cisco Unified Presence Server in the 'Application Server" field! but we don't find such choice , instead we find APP_SERVER_EPAS !!

thank you

I spent hours doing the same thing, the APP_SERVER_EPAS selection is actually the presence server,

but it must be that the selection field has encoding problems, you will also see this on other pages of configs, I have no idea what the problem is.

Thx a lot for your help , i appreciate this.

I have another question that i hope you could help me with.

In fact i was wondering if CPS 6.0 is a based on linux as it's the way for CCM 6.0 ?

Thx.

Yes, presence 6.0 is linux based, easy install,

the integration with callmanager is not straightforward.

Hi again, u'r really helping me !! Thx,

I wondered also, if u could help me again , this once i have a 7911 phone and i want it to work with SIP, so as i understood i have to download a SIP image and upload it to the phone.

Is it true? and if it's from where exactely to download such image from cisco site,and which step do i need to do ?

Thx alot.

hi again ;)

Where could i find in the net or in the cisco site that presence 6 is linux based?

Thx again

you can see here that the OS is linux for CUPS 6

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/install_upgrade/installation/guide/cpins601.html#wp74557

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thx for ur respond

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: