Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0.6 --> 4.1.1

martyyates
Level 1
Level 1

hi again,

LMS 2.6 / RME 4.0.6. I see there have been a number of updates released in Dec and Jan for RME. I tried installing these on Dec 18 with a negative result. LMS Software update now does not see any of the new packages. Last install attempt output attached.

thanks,

Marty.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your subject worries me. Did you download the RME 4.1.1 packages, and try to install them under RME 4.0.6? How exactly was this update done?

To be clear, if you installed RME 4.0.6, you have all of the latest IDU updates. The next IDU is scheduled for April.

Hi Joe - correct (I dl'd the December 18 RME 4.1.1 packages, and try to install them under RME 4.0.6) - via Common Services / Device Update.

I picked up the fault because I tried to install CSCsm07832 bug fix which failed as I am not running RME 4.1.1.

Assuming none of the packages successfully installed, you're fine. If any DID install, you will need to uninstall then reinstall and re-patch RME.

ok good one. So to recap: forget trying to install any of the RME 4.1.1 packages on http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme for the meantime?

thanks,

Marty.

Never, ever install packages intended for an RME version that does not match your currently installed major.minor version. This also goes for Common Services MDF versions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: