CCNP completion deadline?

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2008

I started my CCNP voyage and have passed the BSCI and BCMSN at a rate of 1 exam/month. We are about to have a baby and was wondering if I'll have time to take a break for a month or two or is there a certain amount of time you have to complete all four exams before it "expires" and you have to start over? Or, do you get 3 years to complete each one (I wouldn't take that long) as if they keep renewing themselves?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dbeare Thu, 02/07/2008 - 07:53

As far as I know, each test is valid for 3 years, so you basically get 3 years from when you complete the first test to finish all of them and obtain your CCNP. Your CCNP certification is then valid for 3 years from the date you took the final exam.

ciscomoderator. Thu, 02/07/2008 - 13:25

Hello tpattgeek,

When starting a certification track you have 3 years from the first passed exam to complete it. If all the exams are not compelted within 3 years, they start to expire. 642 exams are valid for only 3 years. Once expired they have to be taken again.

To open a case or find answers to your certification questions please visit our Certification Online Support page at www.cisco.com/go/certsupport

Best Regards,

Cisco Moderator

Actions

This Discussion