Utilize both home and small business Optimum Online connections

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2008

Hi,

In my home I have both a home Optimum Online cable modem as well as the small business service of Optimum Online (5 static addresses). I have a small lab that I work on connected to the business cablemodem connection and my home computers are on the regular residential connection. I wasn't sure exactly if I could or how to connect my two small networks together so they could access the Internet through either cable modem and the computers on each network could access each other. On the small business connection they have the Cisco 800 series router locked down somehow so I can't touch it. I tried password recovery and during post it said that feature was disabled. On the home network side I have a 2600 series router with the outside e0 interface configured for DHCP and the inside faste1/0 configured with private addressing. I have some other miscellaneous 2500 series routers and some 2924 switches I can use as well.

I'm lost on what I need to do but I figured I would need to setup another VLAN on my 2950 and configure another subinterface on my 2600 with a static address (I have 5), from the subnet on the business connection? I have no idea however how to put it all together. Is this possible without any control of the router on the business connection? Can I only make this work for the residential network? Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion