cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

To merge two 512Kbps links into one Mbps Line

shridhar19
Level 1
Level 1

I want to merge my two Lan cards having each 512 Kbps of speed int 1 Mbps im windows OS.

I am using two adsl broadband router each having 512 Kbps line ISP.

If it is not possible in windows OS please suggest the same for cisco router

4 Replies 4

Goutam Sanyal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi shridhar19

As per my knowledge :

Migrating two deferent links with two deferent adsl broadband route router is not possible. If you can terminate this two deferent links within a single router with deferunt interface- then it can possible via single Multilink mapping with your two deferent physical interface.

Thanks

Goutam

Pls rate if it works.

zubaircco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As explained in the previous post, to merge 2 lines not terminating at the same point is not possible ( I Think). With regards to your question on Cisco Router, this can be done by combining the 2 links into a Multilink, eg. 2 x 128K lines can be multilinked into a 256K line. Remember you dont assign ip addresses to the seperate interfaces then, you create the virtual multi-link interface and assign an ip address to the multi-link.

Thanks

Rate if this helps.

Regards

Zubair

Thanks Zubair,

You have clarified my big doubt.

Regards

Hello,

It is only my pleasure. PLease rate my post. If you need anything else let me know. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card