Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group configuration and Unity

bolz_icw_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I searched within this forum for a solution concerning trouble with hunt group configuration in combination with unity.

Unfortunately, I just found some similar treads and discussions but nothing which fits 100%.

Maybe somebody can help...

We currently use:

callmanager 4.2(3) sr3

unity connection 1.1(1)sr1

What I've already implemented:

I've configured a hunt group configuration, which triggers a hunt list, containing one line group with a few DNs.

A call to the Hunt Pilot causes all DNs to ring because of the broadcast algorithm I use.

What I want to achive:

After the configured time I want to forward the caller to a unity mailbox rather than just "hang up".

I tried to accomplish this in two different ways:

1) At the Hunt Pilot Level, I configured the "Forward Hunt No Answer" to forward the call to a new DN which is in turn forwarded to VoiceMail.

The forwarding itself worked out, but instead of getting my pre-recorded "welcome announcement" I always heard a system announcement like: "Cisco Unity Connection messaging system. With a touch tone phone you can dial a destination..."

In contrast: When I dial the DN directly, I correctly receive my "welcome greeting".

I think this behavior is a result of the different "lastRedirectingParty". My log file shows, that in case of dialing the hunt group, the lastRedirectingParty shows the hunt pilot number.

But when I dial the DN (which is forwarded to VM) directly, the number of this particular DN is shown as the lastRedirectNumber.

Is my assumption correct, that the differents lastRedirectingParty causes this behavior? And has somebody any idea, how to solve this problem?

2) The other way I tried, to get my expected result was:

I set up a second hunt group and configured the hunt list to switch over to the second group in case nobody answers the call (from the first group)

The second list just contains my DN, which is forwarded to the voice mail.

The switchover to the second hunt group worked out but the DN unfortunately doesn't forward the call to unity. (Just hang up after the configured time.)

Any hints would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Joachim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joachim,

You are completely on the right track with this :)

In this example we are going to do what you are trying to do as well as Light the MWI Lamp on the phones within the Line Group when a Message is left for the group. We will need to setup a second "Dummy" line on the Line Group member phones for the Messaging portion of the config.

Lets say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the Dummy Extension on the Line Group member phones is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA) to the Unity Connection Pilot #.

Create a mailbox for 2355 with 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Connection via the Hunt Pilot No Answer UC should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

The only thing to verify is what CLID number is being passed to UC 9should be 5000 in this example). You may need to configure the Originally Dialed number (whatever it is) as an Alternate Extension on 2355 as well.

Have you looked at using this feature?

Alternate Extensions

On the Alternate Extensions page for a user account, you can enter phone numbers to set up alternate extensions in addition to the primary extension of the user. Alternate extensions can be used for various reasons, such as handling multiple line appearances on user phones. Alternate extensions can also make calling Cisco Unity Connection from an alternate device,such as a cell phone, a home phone, or a phone at another work site more convenient.

When you specify the phone number for an alternative extension, Connection handles all calls from that number in the same way that it handles calls from a primary extension (assuming that ANI or caller ID is passed along to Connection from the phone system). This means that Connection associates the alternate phone number with the user account, and when a call comes from that number, Connection will prompt the user to enter their password and log on.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805570b6.html#wp1040977

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the 2355 Line appearances;

For the Line Setting on 2355 (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joachim,

You are completely on the right track with this :)

In this example we are going to do what you are trying to do as well as Light the MWI Lamp on the phones within the Line Group when a Message is left for the group. We will need to setup a second "Dummy" line on the Line Group member phones for the Messaging portion of the config.

Lets say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the Dummy Extension on the Line Group member phones is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA) to the Unity Connection Pilot #.

Create a mailbox for 2355 with 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Connection via the Hunt Pilot No Answer UC should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

The only thing to verify is what CLID number is being passed to UC 9should be 5000 in this example). You may need to configure the Originally Dialed number (whatever it is) as an Alternate Extension on 2355 as well.

Have you looked at using this feature?

Alternate Extensions

On the Alternate Extensions page for a user account, you can enter phone numbers to set up alternate extensions in addition to the primary extension of the user. Alternate extensions can be used for various reasons, such as handling multiple line appearances on user phones. Alternate extensions can also make calling Cisco Unity Connection from an alternate device,such as a cell phone, a home phone, or a phone at another work site more convenient.

When you specify the phone number for an alternative extension, Connection handles all calls from that number in the same way that it handles calls from a primary extension (assuming that ANI or caller ID is passed along to Connection from the phone system). This means that Connection associates the alternate phone number with the user account, and when a call comes from that number, Connection will prompt the user to enter their password and log on.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805570b6.html#wp1040977

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the 2355 Line appearances;

For the Line Setting on 2355 (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

many many thanks for your quick response and your help. I just configured it in the way you described it - and it works!!!

Thanks again & best regards,

Joachim

Dear Rob and Joachim,

I am trying to test this configuration. Please, could you tell me how to configure the "dummy extension" in a 7911 with CCM 6.0 (1)?

Thanks a lot,

Amaia

Hi Amaia,

In this configuration you need at least 2 Line buttons. One for the Primary Line and one for the "Dummy" extension. This will not work with the 7911 :) The only part of the config that cannot be accomplished is Lighting the RED Message lamp on all the Line Group member phones when a message is left for the Hunt Group. If the Line Group members do not have their own personal VM Accounts then there may be a work around. Or you may have to setup one additional phone with the "Dummy" extension on it located in an area where the users can visually check to see if the RED Message lamp is ON/OFF.

Let us know,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. So there is no way to configure a dummy extension to get the lights working with 7911's.

I got working the shared-mailbox using the Alternate extensions (in CCM6.0 I set the CFNA+CFB to the Unity pilot and in Unity I configured the mailbox for the hunt pilot number and I set as alternate extensions de DNs of the members of the group).

Would it be possible to get the lights working in the phones of the group members creating a mailbox for each member of the group and creating a distribution list in Unity? How should I configure this to work properly?

Thanks,

Amaia

Hi Amaia,

You are very welcome :) It sounds like you are most of the way there! Try setting the the DN's of the Line Group members as Alternate MWI's (in Unity) as well;

Setting Up Alternate MWIs for Extensions on the Same Phone System

Cisco Unity can activate alternate MWIs for extensions on the same phone system. Note that depending on the phones and phone systems, some additional phone system programming may be necessary. Refer to the installation guide for the phone system.

To enable alternate MWIs for extensions on the same phone system, do the following procedure for each subscriber who needs alternate MWIs.

To Set Up Alternate MWIs for Extensions on the Same Phone System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In the Cisco Unity Administrator, go to the applicable Subscribers > Subscribers > Messages page.

Step 2 Confirm that the Use MWI for Message Notification check box is checked.

Step 3 Click the Add button located beneath the MWI Extensions table to add a row to the table. By default, the first row in the table contains an "X" to indicate the primary extension assigned to a subscriber. If you want one more extension and do not need to activate the MWI on the primary extension, you can also modify the first row.

Step 4 Enter the applicable extension in the Extension field of the table. MWIs are automatically enabled for all rows in the table. When entering characters in the MWI Extensions table, consider the following:

•Enter digits 0 through 9. Do not use spaces, dashes, or parentheses.

•Enter , (comma) to insert a one-second pause.

•Enter # and * to correspond to the # and * keys on the phone.

Step 5 Click the Save icon.

Step 6 Repeat Step 3 through Step 5 as necessary.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/401/integration/guide/c50acu4x.html#wp1808513

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot, it works perfectly.

Now there is a shared voicemail box that can be accessed and managed by many extensions (the same ones that form the hunt group in the CCM) and all their phones are warned by the MWI lights about the current status of the shared voicemail box.

Best regards,

Amaia

Hi Amaia,

You are most welcome :) Very glad to be of some small help.

Take care,

Rob

franco.dilalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joachim,

I have the same issue with the "Forward Hunt No Answer", The forwarding itself worked out, but instead of getting my pre-recorded "welcome announcement" I always heard a system announcement like: "Cisco Unity Connection messaging system. With a touch tone phone you can dial a destination..."

Have You resolved this? How?

Thanks a lot

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: