cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCE 4.x ring back tone instead of MoH

g.zilorri
Level 1
Level 1

End user would like to hear ring back tone (not bip-bip) when call is transferred to the agent instead of Music on Hold.

3 Replies 3

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can add a new MoH Audio Source with a 'wav' that simulates the ring back tone in CallManager.

After that, change in all the CTI Ports in the IP/IVR the 'Network Hold Audio Source' to the new MoH audio source.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi ,

Just to add a note to the great info from Juan Luis (5 points for this JL)

Here is a good reference;

Q. How do I make the Music on Hold (MOH) as a ringback tone when using Cisco CallManager with IPCC?

A. When an ICD call rings an agent, the caller is put on hold by the CallManager. At this point, the CallManager MOH can be used to play a ringback tone to the ICD caller while waiting for the Agent to answer the phone. In order to set this up, you need to configure all the CTI ports Network Hold Audio Source as the wav file (ringback.wav) you want to play during the consult transfer.

Note: Make sure that the ringback.wav file is in the CallManager server and configured appropriately.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080094766.shtml#foura

This can be applied to the CTI Ports via the Device Pool (Network Hold MOH Audio Source) so it won't have any effect on other IP Phones. Also, leave the Network/User Hold Audio Source as standard for the Agent phones so that when they put someone on Hold the standard Audio MOH Source is played.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Have you even had this not work? I have to queues and one works and the other does not hear the ringback. I have changed all of the CTI ports but the caller still just hears silence.

Thanks,

Dennis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: